Sunday 23 December 2018

Hooked: A True Faerie Tale - By Michealbrent Collings




Having read a few books from this genre, I’m usually quite able to give an appropriate age ranking without hesitation – but this book, I’m going to have to age it at 13 with parental guidance. The reason for this is because there are a few swear words and some scenes might not be suitable for children with vivid imaginations.

As someone who loves reading about fae, I was looking forward to reading this… even though Michael (the author) had told me not to expect a winged creature in sight – of course, that just piqued my interest even more, now I had to know what he was trying to tell me.

Upon opening the book, I was almost instantly flung into the thick of the action which made a refreshing change from the typical Young Adult book where the first couple of chapters are spent endearing you to the lead character. It was nice to have a fight where it doesn’t become clear who is the good guy and who is the bad guy until much later in the book.

Generally speaking, I loved the book and the way that two books were combined into one with an interesting twist to the plot that doesn’t come to light until later on in the book. I’d always wondered what would happen if it was possible to combine 2 books into one.
In the early chapters, the only issue I had was that the story became a little confusing, almost as if Michael was trying to tell two different stories in one book – but that soon straightens itself out and the plot flows smoothly. However, I would like to suggest that he takes the time to give the book another proof read from the 50% mark because there are still a few typing errors that could do with a final polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...