Thursday 13 December 2018

Midnight Marriage - By Lucinda Brant





Midnight Marriage is a New Adult book – which means that it’s best suited to young adults aged 18 and over due to sexual scenes. 

It is the second book in The Roxton Family Saga. Although it is book two, I found that it worked very well as a stand alone book as well because it’s the only book in the series that I've read and I was easily able to read and enjoy it.

The story in itself is set in Georgian England though it ventures into France, too. It starts out with an arranged marriage and a number of years spent living abroad for the young groom. He returns home fighting for his very life (In more than one sense of the words). Who is the woman who found him bleeding to death in the forest – and why can’t he get her out of his mind?

As far as books go, the book is well written, although I found the character’s to be rather predictable in the sense that pretty much every romance book has a dark handsome, moody guy and a stubborn, independent girl – so that was no real surprise for me,,, however, I still found myself riding on the old emotional roller coaster numerous times as I waited to see if they would or wouldn’t.

In future editions, I would like to see a glossary included though because it uses some of the old English terms – and the dictionary on my Kindle is useless, which meant that I had to run words I wanted translating through Google or not bother with a translation at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...