Saturday 15 December 2018

Prince Of Wolves - By Quinn Loftis


Prince Of Wolves is book one of The Grey Wolves Series. It was intended to be a six part series, but, after some mutiny from her fans, Quinn decided to keep churning them out until such a time that the series died on it's own. There are currently 10 books in the series, with book 11 being released on 19/12/2018. 

What first drew me to Prince of Wolves was the cover art. No, I don’t have a thing for books that happen to feature pretty girls on the cover – in truth, I found the picture of Jacqueline rather freaky simply because she looked rather unnatural, it was the pattern on the cover that attracted me to this book and the icing on the cake was the fact that it was free. Of course, Quinn has had the book re covered since the version that I read.

What I really liked about the book is the way that Quinn (the author) has chosen three girls, who (judging by the amount of sarcasm and sexual references) are endearing and popular but would always be in trouble at school.

Prince of Wolves gives you a chance to get to know Jacqueline, Jen and Sally while focusing on a whirlwind romance between Jacqueline and Fane. I initially started this story as a bedtime read – but I soon had to stop reading it in bed because I was laughing that much that I was keeping my husband awake, which was a good thing in a way because I really wanted to have my wits about me to try to remember some of the comments for future reference.

One good thing about this series is that the focus shifts to a different set of characters every other book, but the end story still keeps track of all 6 main characters and a few extra ones besides.
This is one of the few books I’ll keep to read again and again – and it’s not very often that I read books more than once. Reviewer’s rating: 5 stars


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...