Saturday 8 December 2018

The Flirting Games - By Stella Wilkinson


Having been bought up on the St. Claire’s series by Enid Blyton, I always felt that no other boarding school series would ever measure up to those standards for me – but I was wrong! This book is suitable for young adults aged 13 and over.

The Flirting Games follows the story of Elle Parkhurst as she tries to protect her friend from the interests of school rogue Nate Naverly. If rumors are anything to go by, this guy has broken hearts all over the school and Elle has no desire to see her friend’s name added to the list. The question is, will Nate fall for her charms?

Anyone who reads this book can expect to be kept on the edge of their seats the whole way through – I know I was. The book, in itself, is well written with no obvious typing errors and the plot flows smoothly which made it more enjoyable to read.

I like the way that Jack started out as a reference in the story… but we actually got to “meet” him later on in the story. That added a little extra depth to the story for me.
I didn’t really rate the way that the boys were portrayed as the “Love ‘em and leave ‘em” types though. By all means make one or two like this but a group of four was a little too much for my liking and makes the plot a little tricky to follow at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...