Saturday 8 December 2018

A Few Words About The Direction of This Blog

After a lot of careful consideration, I have decided to extend this blog to cover age ranges 13 - 35... while I know that this is a large age range to cover and not all the books that I review will be suitable for my younger audience, some research in my down time indicated to me that "young adult" is typically 18 to 35 anyway, but, at the same time, I didn't want to stop reviewing for the younger group because of the fact that thirteen tends to be around the age when reading becomes "uncool" for these children.

It probably doesn't help that there weren't that many free reading lessons back when I was at high school... and, even then, the rules were so liberal that you could have gotten away with spending an entire lesson reading a comic book if you could have found one in the school library. I know that I spent a lot of time in the school library when I was at school, but, even I can't honestly say that I ever saw the entire contents of the library in the 5 years that I studied there.

Anyone who has ever read a few of my reviews will know by now that I usually specify a minimum age range and mention roughly if there is any content within the book to be wary of in order to help guide younger readers away from less appropriate books and to give older readers a chance to decide for themselves if they really want to read this book or not. I will be sticking with this warning system going forward from here.

Given that I usually read such a diverse range of books from across the whole age range and beyond, taking this step means that I'll get to share a whole lot more of what I have read and am reading with you all, which means that you'll get to see more content from me as well - and hopefully, some of it will be more in depth than you are used to seeing from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...