Sunday 9 December 2018

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide - By Duane "Dog" Chapman


This book is suitable for young adults aged 18 and over. As far as warnings go, Dog does talk about the Andrew Luster rape case in this book, but not in graphic detail. He also speaks about his own murder conviction in graphic detail. It's for this reason that I have rated this book at 18+

This was another book that had been on my bucket list for quite a while before I managed to get my hands on a copy, which my niece bought for me because she knows that I used to enjoy watching Dog on TV. As a fan of the TV show "Dog The Bounty Hunter", the book seemed like the next logical step for me to take... and I wasn't disappointed.

I enjoyed that the book gave additional notes on some of the cases seen in the show and clearly sheds light on bounty hunting from an entirely different angle to the one taken by the show. It's only in the book that I feel that you can appreciate that hunting a fugitive can take weeks or even months as opposed to just a few days.

I thought that it was good that Dog included some of the roughest parts of his life in the book and talked so openly about them because it helps people to see that, no matter how bad things might seem, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Personally speaking, I've never much cared for Beth. She was one of those people that I could tolerate in small doses - the smaller the dose, the better. Since reading the book, though, I have gained a better understanding of her and a greater appreciation of her, too. It really helped me to see that there's often more to someone than might initially meet the eye.

I didn't really like some of Dog's stories about God, though. Yes, I know that he's a Christian and that he talks openly about his faith - and that, I don't mind... I just found some of his visions to be a little too confusing for me to follow. It also would have been nice to have gotten more of Dog's thoughts about the awards that he has received for doing his work because this is obviously not something that he could have ever imagined as he sat thinking about how he was going to turn his life around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...