Monday 10 December 2018

The Lost Diadem, A Rogue's Tale Part One - By Saoirse O'Mara


The Lost Diadem is a novella suitable for Young Adults aged 13 and over.
As far as stories go, it’s the typical “whodunnit” mystery with the diadem being stolen and a race against time to find out who the thief is.

You can expect plenty of twists and turns throughout the book with people you think are the good guys turning out to be bad and the bad guys turning out to be good. Although the book does give a sense of closure, there are still a lot of open ends left to the story because this is book one of a (currently) three part series.

As seems to be usual for me lately, the book seems to start off in a totally unrealistic way. I know that Young Adults can be a tad unpredictable at times, but it’s asking too much for me to believe that a young man would throw away a career that he’s wanted his whole life simply on a hunch – however, I stuck with the story and it got better… although I wasn’t pleased to see that the “open endings” started in the middle of the book.

I liked the way that the action scenes were written in a way that seemed to suck you into the book and leave you feeling like you were right there alongside the characters, though. I actually felt sorry for the poor girl who was caught by the law enforcement… and it usually takes a lot for me to feel sorry for any character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rival - By Lacy Yager

Rival is a book suitable for the Young Adult market of age 13 and above. One reason I tend to dislike novellas is because they tend to ...